Local Innovators: Leaders in Local & Regional Collaboration is a product of nine interviews with a diverse sampling of local and regional leaders in the Monadnock Region of Southwest New Hampshire. Included within the report are nine case studies that highlight challenges and innovative solutions for collaborating locally and regionally. Also included are tips and resources for groups and individuals seeking to improve their own collaborative efforts. This report was produced in late 2012 by Libby Weiland, an Antioch University New England graduate. Out of her interviews emerged themes and commonalities that provided insight into the questions:
- What makes for successful collaboration?
- What challenges do groups face to successful collaboration?
- What common needs do groups have?
- What innovative solutions are being proposed?
Local Innovators interviewed include:
- Kristen Vance from The Grapevine Family & Community Resource Center
- Julie Davenson the former coordinator of Community Connections for Afterschool Networking
- John Kondos from the Monadnock Sustainability Network
- Susy Thielen from Heading for Home
- J.B. Mack from the Monadnock Region Transportation Management Association (Now called the Monadnock Alliance for Sustainable Transportation – MAST)
- Amanda Costello from the Cheshire County Conservation District
- Gary Fox from the Great Falls Food Hub
- Sue Farrell the former Executive Director of Arts Alive!
- Valerie Britton from the Samuel E. Paul War Memorial Commission